Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is seeking applications from experienced Process Engineers for our growing Perth office.The successful candidate will join a high calibre process team with world-renowned experience in a number of commodities and across a number of technologies.
- Provide process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Assist in the planning, execution and analysis of metallurgical testwork programs
- Prepare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies and operating cost estimates
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process problems
- Participate in hazard studies and design reviews
- Provide technical support to other engineering disciplines or other departments as required
- Undertake site visits to support study and project work requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or other related field from a recognised institution
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the mining or minerals processing industry
- Relevant process plant operational experience and technical knowledge of process plant design
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team environment
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as METSIM and/or SysCAD would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Process Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today. Please apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.