Process Safety Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Process Safety Engineer to join our client based in Cheshire on a Permanent basis. Our client is a leading global manufacturer of speciality chemicals with sites across the UK and Globe.
Role: Process Safety Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Excellent basic salary plus benefits
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Date Posted: 15/08/2017
What does the job involve?
The main purpose of the role will be to ensure that technical and manufacturing projects are progressed to meet the business objectives of cost, timescale and fitness for purpose, as defined by the Process Engineering Manager. You will support the process safety and functional safety of the processes and compliance with the relevant UK standards and guidance. In addition, you will support the manufacturing department by monitoring the performance of processes and implementing improvement measures. You will also;
- Support development of a functional safety management system
- Ensure compliance with relevant UK standards and guidance.
- Coordinate manufacturing teams in the implementation of proof testing schedules to ensure compliance.
- Ensure solutions are found to technical problems affecting output, safety, major accident prevention, environmental, quality and costs targets.
- Identify and introduce innovations and equipment which optimise plant operations, usage of materials, output, improve product quality, safety and reduce hazards.
- Resolve technically related customer problems and complaints, liaising with customers and Commercial Dept. where appropriate.
- Justify, scope and design manufacturing and capacity improvements, new product requirements and technically accountable for process and plant changes made within these projects and ensuring the required PCA procedures are followed.
- Planning, leadership and implementation of capital projects, including budgetary control, programme and fit for purpose.
- Develop technical skill base of manufacturing teams, by design of and delivery of training courses as required.
- Implement improvement projects on site utilising small teams as appropriate.
- Test and approve raw materials and packaging
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree in Chemical Engineer or equivalent
- Extensive experience within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience of management of Process and Functional safety systems
What are the pay and benefits?
Excellent basic salary + benefits