By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For more than 138 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
As a Bioprocess Engineer at Eli Lilly Kinsale you will have the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, diverse work environment at an expanding site with state of the art Biotech facilities on the back of significant capital investments. These facilities reflect the growth in Biotech launch and commercialization at the Kinsale site based on our strong product pipeline.
We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- Core member of the cross functional manufacturing process teams providing technical engineering support to Upstream, and Downstream operations in a dynamic work environment.
- Support and participate in commissioning and start-up activities of biotech unit operations and equipment.
- Initiate and implement facility and equipment upgrades to improve plant productivity and throughput through capital investment projects.
- Lead the introduction of new products with associated new unit operations and equipment and ensure that bio-processing at the site stays current with class leading processing and equipment innovations.
- Develop and predict processing strategies and throughputs for the various products for the site biotech business through the use of modelling tools.
- Work with our Research and Development colleagues in the US to optimize and streamline our processes and transfer these to the Kinsale site.
Degree qualified – Biochemical/Chemical Engineering with ideally a minimum of 2 years relevant knowledge of upstream and/or downstream biopharmaceutical unit operations, manufacturing processes, bioreactor design and control, SIP/CIP, filtration, chromatography techniques etc.
- Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of Biochemical/Chemical Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a process team consisting of a diverse group of management, production/science and engineering professionals.
- Creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the tenacity/initiative to see them implemented. Guidance/mentoring of others through processes.
- Flexibility to meet business needs.