Chemical Process Engineer
My client is looking for a Chemical Process Engineer to join the team to provide support and assistance across their site. They require a candidate that is happy to ensure all engineering standards are fully implemented across the site and to provide guidance and support to the engineering team as well as assisting in the design, installation and commissioning of new project and the energy management.
Chemical Process Engineer Scope of The Role
• To provide support and assistance on all aspects of process safety
• Ensure engineering standards are fully implemented and maintained at sites, provide relevant guidance and support to site engineering team
• To assist in the scoping, design, installation & commissioning of new projects
• Energy management
Chemical Process Engineer Duties/Responsibilities
• Lead Process Safety Management closely liaising with and supporting Engineering teams;
• Oversee and control an effective and up to date hazard identification and risk assessment programme (HazID, HazOp, LOPA, SIL);
• Oversee the management of process safety risk across the site
• Oversee suitable and demonstrable design and effective implementation of risk reduction measures to “as low as reasonably practicable”
• Liaise with authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure legal compliance;
• Ensure ongoing compliance with the Safety Reports;
• Ensure the effective design and functioning of and response to Process Safety
• Implementation & control of the Technical Library
• Performance Indicators, prepare monthly reports to the Site Manager
• Keep abreast of legislative and technical changes with potential to affect the operation of the business, where appropriate report on relevant issues with recommendations and guidance on actions to be taken.
• Conduct regular audits of sites to monitor site performance against standards
• Identify any areas in which sites are not compliant with standards and suggest solutions and improvements
• To assist in the development of new plant and processes. Identify necessary process plant and produce estimated project costs.
• Perform and / or assist the design and installation of new projects as required, ensuring new installations comply with the relevant standards and procedures.
• Propose and implement effective design solutions to address process and production needs.
• Produce regular reports showing progress against individual targets
• Provide process safety engineering support and knowledge to site.
• Energy management leadership providing bi-annual reports including recommendations
Chemical Process Engineer Essential Skills:
Qualifications: B.Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
Past Experiences: 3yrs minimum experience working within a Fine Chemicals or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Highly self-motivated
• Good communication skills
• Team player and leader
• Use of initiative
• Efficient and effective problem solver
• Flexible approach to work
• Chemicals manufacturing experience
• Manufacturing operational experience including manufacturing improvement and delivery of measurable business benefits.
• Experienced in leading problem-solving teams both cross-functional and within Production, Engineering and Technical functions
• Proven ability to think through problems, undertake appropriate analysis and take effective actions
• Sound knowledge of manufacturing improvement strategies and approaches (e.g. OEE, Capacity Roadmap, Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA etc.)
• Strong communicator and influencer, skilled at mobilising and inspiring technical contributors without direct line management authority, at all levels in a manufacturing organisation
Chemical Process Engineer Desirable Skills:
• Well-developed IT skills (including MS Office, CAD)
• Experience of batch & continuous distillation processes operations
Salary: £30K - £36K