Lead Process Engineer
Fantastic opportunity for a Lead Process Engineer to join an award winning multi-disciplinary design engineering practice, on a full-time basis in Birmingham. Our client is an international practice renowned for successfully delivering high profile projects within the pharmaceutical, food, manufacturing, and energy sectors.
The role will involve all aspects of process development, design and co-ordination as part of a large project. Project activities will include the planning and execution of conceptual, basic and detailed process engineering.
- Coordination and communication of process project data, ensuring correct quality of output
- Developing process hours estimates and work breakdown structures and anticipating potential issues before they arise
- Coordination of specialist process inputs and personnel from other company offices as required
- Performing calculations, completing datasheets, registers, specifications, preparing design philosophies, reports and studies
- Planning, management and successful delivery of process design scopes of works and deliverables lists
- Planning and management of process safety activities such as HAZOP, HACCP, ATEX/DSEAR etc.
- Ensuring process design risks are comprehensively identified, tracked and mitigated
- Carrying out key technical process reviews on projects
- Balancing client needs and feedback with company goals
- Process Engineering experience within the Pharmaceutical or Food sector
- Degree qualified in Chemical, Biochemical, Process or related engineering discipline
- Proven experience Leading teams & delivering Projects
- Chartered member of professional engineering institution, such a IChemE
- Strong awareness of the relationship between process design scope and overall project commercial performance
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with statistical process control and capability analysis is preferred
- Project management experience would be beneficial
It would also be advantageous if applicants had experience with fractionation processes and Hydrogenation processes (not essential)
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.