Oil & Petrochemicals Construction - Account Engineer
AIG are seeking to hire an additional Oil and Petrochemicals (O&P) Construction risk engineer to join their London Account Engineering team which is part of AIGs Client Risk Solutions department.
The role will involve global risk engineering for very large (>500 million USD) process based construction projects (typically large oil, gas and petrochemical installations and power plants) and applicants must have field construction and facility operations exposure.
The role will require working with underwriters, brokers and clients to arrange and perform risk engineering support services throughout the lifetime of the project.
Key Responsibilities -
For major industrial O&P, chemical & power plant erection all risk (EAR) projects:
- Develop, coordinate and deliver survey programs for account risk assessment.
- Provide global engineering support to underwriters of prospective and existing accounts.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver service plans to meet client needs including stewardship meetings.
- Perform both operational and construction field surveys including:
- Review relevant department activities to verify risk mitigation approaches
- Provide clients with risk improvement advice to prevent/mitigate potential losses
- Present survey results to site management
- Produce AIG internal and market survey report writing in an accurate and timely fashion
- Determine loss scenarios
- Calculate, review and approve property and business interruption loss estimation
- Utilise AIG risk rating tools for Underwriting
- Carry out desk top reviews, interpreting and summarising of third party survey report information
- Define testing and commissioning reporting requirements to demonstrate readiness for transfer from construction to operational insurance cover
- Attend market meetings with Underwriters to provide technical support and guidance
The ideal candidate will have:
- Preferably a Chemical Engineering degree, ideally chartered or working towards this.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of field construction and facility operations.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of internationally recognized design, construction, asset and fire protection standards.
- Working knowledge of the application of Process Safety Management.
- Extensive experience in process design, construction, commissioning and operations
- Experience working with major oil and petrochemical EPC Contractors and / or Operations Management in downstream oil, gas & petrochemicals.
- The ability to carry out accurate risk assessments, providing improvement recommendations and loss estimates.
Previous experience of working for a major insurance carrier or broker would be an advantage, as would other languages.
This role requires extensive international travel for up to 90 days per year.