Senior Chemical / Process Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Johnson Matthey is a successful FTSE 100 company; a global business that operates with a small business feel. An international speciality chemicals company and a leader in sustainable technologies employing over 10,000 people worldwide.
We apply our cutting-edge science, creating solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. We are proud of our products and technologies, how our customers use them and the positive impact they have on our planet. At the same time, we are passionate about how science can enable global solutions for clean air, improved health and make the most efficient use of our planet's natural resources.
At the Clitheroe site, we manufacture process catalysts for the syngas, methanol, ammonia, hydrogen and gas processing industries. This role is part of the site operations team working on developing long term projects and improvements to the existing assets.
- Deliver strategy and scoping decisions supporting the site to achieve its long-term vision
- Identify technology suppliers, support plant and equipment trials
- Deliver plant modifications and improvement projects in line with manufacturing excellence
- Implement process safety improvements
- Provide a hands-on scale-up service
- Produce concept, front end and detailed design packages
- Provide inputs in terms of standards, procedures and technical expertise
- Support the commissioning and early operation of innovative technologies as well as existing technologies
ARE YOU THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Qualified to BEng degree level or above in Chemical Engineering
- Excellent communicator and able to work across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of manufacturing in a variety of environments
- Expertise in automation and/or process optimisation
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23rd July 2017
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.