Chemical Process Engineer
Acorn Recruitment is searching for a Chemical Process Engineer to join our client, a leader in their industry based in Cheshire.
The purpose of the role is the design, optimisation and plant changes on a top tier COMAH site. Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that projects are progressed to meet the business objectives of cost and timescales. The role will also involve supporting the manufacturing function by monitoring the performance of process and implantation of improvement measures.
Duties will include:
- Working on projects providing detailed engineering designs for capital projects or plant changes with all necessary calculations. To be designed to current engineering standards and guidelines.
- Identify and introduce new innovations and equipment which optimises plant operations and output, usage of materials and reduces hazards.
- Provide leadership on implementation of capital projects which includes budgetary control, programme and fit for purpose.
- Evaluate performance of contractors and take action as appropriate to ensure quality, safety, and cost effectiveness, as related to the execution of capital projects.
- Ensuring solutions are found to technical problems affecting output, safety, major accident prevention, environmental, quality and costs.
- Liaison with customers in relation to the resolution of technical problems.
The successful candidate must have a degree in Chemical Engineering along with 5 years minimum experience of working in the design or operation of a top tier COMAH chemical plant.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 37.5hrs per week
Salary up to £50k per annum
Excellent benefits package that can be expected of a large company.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment