Job Title: Process Engineer
Salary: up to £35K
Are you a Process Engineer with practical experience of controlling chemical based processes?
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join a high technology company based in Essex.
The successful Process Engineer will have strong material knowledge and the ability to choose the relevant process to meet process requirements. In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on complex, high technology projects for a prestigious company.
Essential Skills Required:
* Strong knowledge of material science
* Ability to manage technical investigations, identifying root causes and implement corrective actions
* Experience of controlling chemical based processes within an industrial environment
* Ability to effectively manage time and costs to carry out tasks effectively
* Understanding of vacuum tubes technology, materials and assembly techniques
* Understanding of thermionic emission
* Furnace processes
* Vacuum pumping processes
* Chemical processing
* Joining processes (ECH, TIG Welding, Spot Welding)
* Glass joining / moulding Desired Qualifications
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
* Member of the IMF (Institute of Materials Finishing)
Overview of Process Engineer Role:
* The primary duty is to support the Chemical Processing area
* Process Improvement (Jig design - Technical / Process repeatability)
* Insuring the correct use of materials and relevant process to meet commercial requirements.
* Introduction of new product knowledge and development
* Gaining Vacuum Engineering fundamentals knowledge (Pumping, furnacing, glass and chemical processes)
* Actively problem solving and suggesting longer term improvements
* Creating and updating operating procedures
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.