Process Engineer/Senior Process Engineer - Bristol
Our Process Engineering team are currently experiencing significant demands to support exciting and world leading projects. We are interested in hearing from engineers and scientists with experience of military and civil projects to support current and emergent opportunities. We are looking for senior level engineers as well as junior engineers looking for their next step.
As engineering professionals and recognised leaders in Process Engineering, we are passionate about what we do, developing innovative and pragmatic solutions to address challenging problems, supporting our clients and supporting each other to ensure our own personal growth and development. If you want to work in an exciting, rewarding environment with like-minded professional people and for a company which will support your development then we are keen to speak to you.
You will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions in the Aerospace, Defence Security & Technology sector. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits, plant walk downs, project delivery and fixed term secondments.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering, design and troubleshooting of process systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-year and multi-disciplinary consultancy support contracts. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You will be working in a motivated team of engineers, scientists and project managers with a range of levels of responsibility for delivery depending on the project size, complexity and technical content.
The ability to build strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. Working as part of a team or individually sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focussed; being able to interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams. If in a senior role you would be expected to have the desire and ability to lead bids, deliver and technically manage work either as a lead or part of a team.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, being able to provide comprehensive support to a team within a project, and mentor others.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
In addition to having strong analytical and numeracy skills, other key requirements include:
• Degree (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
• Chartered Member or Fellow of the IChemE for a senior role
• An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience which could be derived from R&D. project engineering, operations, OEM or contract or consultancy field, preferably within a highly regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, Defence, Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Water).
• An eye for detail and taking pride in producing a high quality and finished product or result.
• Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form.
You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
• Relevant Nuclear or Defence Sector experience and/or the desire to work in these industries.
• Experience in the delivery of engineering projects within teams of professional staff and individually.
• Experience of owning and delivering engineering projects individually or within teams of professional staff.
• Experience of site-based plant or plant operations.
• Experience in mentoring junior Process Engineers in task delivery – for the more senior role.
• Conversant with Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities under CDM Regulations.
Additional Information and Benefits
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all our engineers.
You will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies; it is the UK's 3rd largest engineering consultancy. As such, we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. We currently have 9,591 staff in the UK and Europe with an annual turnover of £943.6m (as at 31 March 2016). Atkins is a FTSE 250 Plc. Our Aerospace and Defence businesses provide consultancy advice and engineering expertise to the public, regulated and private sectors. The multidisciplinary nature of our work allows us to draw on expertise from across Atkins to deliver complex projects both in the UK and in support of our other businesses overseas. Our projects cover a wide range of engineering domains, including:
- Systems Engineering and Assurance
- Software and Complex Hardware Engineering
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Safety and Supportability
- Asset Management and Assurance
- Security - Information / communication systems
- Programme and Project Management
The work is always challenging and evolving, but if you’re ready to take on a challenge and assume technical, commercial and project responsibility to your full potential, then Atkins is a great place to further your career in engineering.