Senior Project / Process Engineer
The Kerry Menstrie Site, part of the Kerry Group, is looking to recruit a Senior Project/Process Engineer.
Kerry is a leader in the Global Food Industry and its headquarters in Ireland with more than 20,000 employees operating from over 200 locations worldwide. The Menstrie site is one of the world’s leading producers of natural yeast based flavours & ingredients. These are used by major food and drink companies worldwide. The processes use leading edge science and technology to create sophisticated natural products to satisfy the needs of these global customers.
The Engineering team ensures that all plant and processes on site are fit and proper for the effective manufacture of yeast-based foodstuffs. The Senior Project/Process Engineer is expected to play a leading role in developing the Kerry food safety standard implementation on site. The Senior Project/Process Engineer responds to the Engineering Manager.
Description and Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Applying a wide knowledge of HACCP and hygienic standards to improve site manufacturing operations and food safety
- Working with a cross-functional team to embed appropriate food safety standards into normal site operation
- Delivering capital projects based around plant hygiene, sanitation, fabric and fittings
- Troubleshooting plant and processes around site to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Supporting the graduate Process Engineering team
- Deputising for the Engineering Manager on process engineering related activities
- Improvement and development of local engineering procedures
- Managing contractors and supporting safe systems of work (PTW, Confined Spaces, Working at Height)
- Provision of support to the Engineering team as defined by the Engineering Manager to support projects and routine Engineering group activities
- The job holder will have previous extensive and relevant Process Engineering experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of HACCP and hygienic engineering (EHEDG or 3A) is essential.
- A knowledge of food industry unit operations such as separation, evaporation, spray drying and packing systems is desirable, as is a knowledge of PLC control systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be required to ensure effective liaison both within the Engineering Team and also with other site personnel, for example Production Team Leaders and Quality.
- This is a dyamic role requiring flexibility.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a food or pharmaceutical based Process Engineering role
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Proficient in HACCP and Hygienic Engineering (EHEDG or 3A), including strong Food Safety knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in capital project delivery/financial control from design through to commissioning
- Proven record in process optimisation and troubleshooting
- Good attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Experience of separation, evaporation, spray drying and packing systems
- Understanding of PLC based control systems