We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer at our Glasgow facility in Clydesmill Place, the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for development and maintenance of the relevant PCS documents, AEMS management and SPCN process. He/she will ensure delivery of product quality in a safe, timely and cost effective manner. In addition, the successful candidate will work on continious improvement projects related to product, process and plant capability delivering a financial benefit to the business. We are looking for a successful team player with excellent problem solving and communication skills, driven and enthusiastic.
- Takes responsibility for contributing both individually & to the team performance by contributing to the following site performance metrics: OQ (off-quality material); FPQ (targeted quality product); PSM (process safety events); Safety (injury or significant near miss of self or others); Permit compliance (breach of operating license);
- Develops extensive and detailed knowledge of products, processes, production and evaluation methods to assist in solving problems throughout the technical and production areas at CABOT Norit (UK);
- Takes ownership of PCS process (AEMS, Control plans, SPC), supports plant in the technical development and maintenance of the AEMS IT infrastructure;
- Takes ownership for maintaining relevant PCS documents (AEMS management) and SPCN process for CMC;
- Takes ownership for continuous improvement initiatives with the Technology Manager on a regular basis and ensures actions are followed up closed out/completed;
- Takes ownership for monitoring key performance metrics to achieve First Pass Quality;
- Takes ownership for the resolution and eradication of product quality issues by developing internal corrective and preventative actions;
- Supports the quality management system with the investigation of external customer complaints and internal non-conformances to ensure effective root cause determination;
- Supports the MOC process to ensure communication of any MOC issues that have impact on the quality of the product;
- Takes ownership of CAPITAL projects, completing within scope and on budget;
- Takes ownership for presenting results and conclusions to technical and management teams. Produces concise, accurate and timely reports ranging from daily process-quality reports to milestone reports, including technical project reports and plant trial reports;
- Effectively contributes to the coaching, awareness and development of others as requested by the business;
- Works effectively as a team member and when required, lead and manage resources within a technical team;
- Acquires a good, operational awareness of current SH&E regulations and product safety regulations involved in Activated Carbon manufacture and marketing. Responsible for ensuring safe working on site and that all agreed requirements of health and safety are met;
- Takes responsibility for any other reasonable duties as required by the Technology Manager.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication and IT skills;
- Sound understanding and application of statistical methodologies and analytical tools and techniques;
- Good project planning, management and execution skills
- Flexible and responsive;
- Maintains social, ethical and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities;
- Team player and builds good working relationships;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Strives for continuous improvement;
- B.Sc. Degree – Science/Engineering;
- Consolidated and demonstrable experience in chemical process (preferably continuous) in related industry;
- Experience in applying quality and statistical tools to improve manufacturing performance.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.