Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Process Engineer to join an adhesives manufacturer on their site based in Stafford. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company with an expanding product portfolio on a permanent basis.
The salary on offer for this role is between £25,000pa and £30,000pa depending on experience.
As a Process Engineer your main duty will be to provide process engineering knowledge to support the departmental managers and engineering managers with both productivity and process safety improvements
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Assist in Process Safety PHA reviews and projects
- Assist with training for managers, team leaders and operatives in process safety knowledge
- In coordination with R&D and Operations, introduce and optimize new products in a timely manner to meet market demands
- Help to develop operating procedures and training programmes to meet the requirements of both process repeatability / optimisation and process safety
- Assists with the preparation of new MSDS using the Wercs software
- Advises Customers and Technical Service on product safety issues relating to Bostik products
- Through our subscription to Cedrec Legal Registers, keep abreast of new H&S / Environmental legislation and of changes to H&S / Environmental legislation that will impact on management systems
- To advise the UK management team of new legislation, and of changes to legislation
- To carry out company wide audits against requirements of environmental legislation
- Help to develop operating procedures and training programmes to meet the requirements of environmental legislation
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Applicants should have a degree in Chemistry or Process / Chemical Engineering (ideally), alternatively Mechanical or Electrical with strong chemical industry experience
- Understand the risks linked to plant operation and chemical process: process safety, integrity
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance
- Demonstrated leadership, especially related to plant safety: demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a team environment, ability to manage, communicate, lead and adapt to change showing interpersonal skills in line with the Bostik Way values.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English
For more information or to apply for this Process Engineer position please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457 718 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39077 in all correspondence.