Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Chemical/Mechanical Engineer to join a chemical manufacturer based in Norwich. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who offer a wide range of contract manufacturing services for the speciality chemicals market. This is a permanent position with an excellent salary on offer.
As a Chemical/Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to improve production rates, quality, reliability, and safety, while reducing the cost and environmental impact of plant operations.
- Providing technical engineering support to identify and solve process, mechanical, operating and maintenance problems.
- Completing root cause analysis on plant failures and implementing plant and process improvements.
- Coordinating and supervising the engineering, maintenance and project-related activities in assigned area of responsibility.
- Managing specialists, suppliers and other contractors as required.
- Planning, developing, and coordinating special maintenance work, such as preventative plant maintenance and annual shutdowns, within assigned area of responsibility.
- Developing and monitoring the annual maintenance budget for area of responsibility.
- Completion and analysis of all planned inspections. Using inspection data to generate reliability and other improvement projects.
- Identify plant improvement projects. Managing projects and providing technical input to projects not directly managed.
As a Chemical/Mechanical Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skill sets & experience:
- BEng/MEng degree in mechanical or chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- HND in mechanical or chemical engineering may be accepted with significant relevant experience.
- Experience in plant operations, at a chemical or petro-chemical manufacturing facility.
- Process, mechanical and chemical manufacturing systems knowledge is essential.
- Background in plant maintenance, including experience with shutdowns, turnarounds, and preventative maintenance programs, is desirable.
For more information or to apply to the role of Chemical/Mechanical Engineer, please contact Alex Tosney at CK Engineers on 01246 457 718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39003 in all correspondence.