- As a Process Engineer, you will utilise your knowledge to develop and implement assembly and test processes and facilities to deliver the safety, quality delivery and cost objectives. Strategic planning and development and implementation of installation timing plans with key selected Suppliers also form part of this role.
- The overall responsibility of this role is to be part of a team of engineers responsible for the planning and implementation of new and major changes to engine manufacturing assembly and test facilities.
- Fully knowledgeable in process development activities - cycle time and work instruction sheet generation, identification of tooling, jigs, fixtures, and equipment to execute process, BOM processing, etc
- Fully conversant with the New Product Introduction (NPI) process - RFQ's generation, co-ordination and planning of the purchasing/supplier/operations/launch/planning/Engineering/etc teams, product releasing, installation and commissioning of facilities.
- Knowledgeable in Dynamic Control Planning (DCP) - design feasibility, issue resolution, FMEAs, Control Plans, equipment and system capability management against milestones.
- Good IT skills. Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project).
- Candidates should be self-motivated with sound leadership and communication skills, ideally with experience and understanding of assembly and testing.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams and flexibility to support projects from early concepts to Launch at any of the sites.
- The ability to lead, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables / commitments.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Project Tools to achieve deliverables e.g. APQP Ideally understanding of Facility Procurement and H&S procedures.
- Experience of facility Installation, commissioning and product Launch. Facility system validation and handover to Manufacturing.
- A good understanding of engineering including the ability to review engineering drawings.
- Awareness of Process Authoring Tool (GSPAS), simulation and virtual toolsets i.e. Digital-buck, Process Simulate and CATIA V5 and Byteworxs.
- Knowledge and experience of GPDS and LQOS deliverables and timing. Ideally, educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline.
- Candidates with HNC / HND and the relevant experience would be considered.