Our client based in Swindon is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer to join their growing team. The right candidate will have personal responsibility for the implementation of quality and productivity improvements to new and existing production processes.
Eliminate process related non-conformities via the innovative design, specification and realisation of poke-yoke plant, equipment, tooling and components. Review, modify, and implement new and existing production process designs to accept these improvements and reduce in-process non-value added operator activities to an absolute minimum.
- Lead structured PFMEAâ€™s (Process Failure Mode Effect Analyses) to proactively identify and understand process related difficulties that present a significant risk to achieving specification right first time.
- Work collaboratively with Team Leaders and Production Operators to identify and understand process related difficulties that compromise productivity and reduce rate based production capacity.
- Work collaboratively with Development Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and the Production Manager to understand production process requirements that are necessary to accommodate existing product design modifications and the introduction of new product developments.
- Use your skills and innovation to design or specify process, equipment and tooling; or propose physical component design changes, that will eliminate the risk of process defects, improve productivity, and promote the smooth implementation of new or modified product designs to the production process.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineers or, where necessary, specialist contractors; to establish final costed specifications for your process modifications or improvements and implement these to the production process ensuring that ERP system operations and process routings are updated to reflect the revised methods of manufacture
- Create visual Set up Standards and Methods of Manufacture that instruct the operator how to install and set plant, equipment and tooling provided; and how to carry out the operations necessary to realise the defect free value-added assembly that your modifications or improvements intended.
- Deliver practical training and instruction to Production Team Leaders and Key Operators to develop and validate their capability to train Operators in accordance with the Set up Standards and Methods of Manufacture you have created.
Personally motivated by a desire to solve problems, you will be intolerant of non-value activities that waste time and energy and meticulous in your approach to poke-yoke process, equipment and tooling design.
Committed to a long term future with the business, you will be energised by working with employees at all levels but retain the self-sufficiency and focus to deliver the cradle to grave project implementation.
Skills and Attributes
- Production or process engineering experience in an electro-mechanical assembly environment.
- Practical experience of delivering process improvements using lean tools and techniques.
- Quality conscious with experience of undertaking PFMEA™s to identify and implement improvement.
- A firm understanding of demand flow production with experience of undertaking value stream analysis.
- Recognised qualification in production or process engineering (BSc./HND/HNC).
- Organised, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking. AutoCAD and Microsoft Office literate.
The hours are Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 12.45pm