About Our Client
Our client is a leading industrial manufacturing company based in Stoke-on-Trent. They are a market leader in their field and are currently recruiting a Process Engineer
Develop, optimize and maintain production processes, installations and/or equipment related to the own area of expertise, in accordance with HSE and operations guidelines, site infrastructure, regulatory requirements and year plan/budget, in order to maximize the reliability, quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of production processes at the optimum level of costs.
Working as a specialist in a continuous production environment, you will be part of a relatively small team, predominantly focusing on the chemical process of a single production line. Others in the team will include Production Supervisor, Process Operative's, Engineer, and Production Manager. You will have the knowledge, intellect and work ethic that will lead to you having the trust and respect of the team; you will have credibility as 'the go to expert'. You will be able to clearly articulate the need for process changes, including in the form of reports, SOPs' and work instructions you yourself have generated. You will have the confidence to put forward a logical case for changes and investments, based on facts and data. Key in your role will be the ability to communicate, persuade and train people of all levels within the business. Because you have credibility and display a balanced considered data driven approach, you will be able to influence behaviour of people that don't directly report to you
The Successful Applicant
- Education level & general experience: Strong process background preferably within the Chemical industry.
- Lean/Six sigma experience, to 'Green Belt' standard would be advantageous.
- Bachelor in Chemical or relevant Engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- Technical knowledge/ expertise:General 'Engineering acumen' is very important Practical working knowledge of 'Lean' and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- High volume continuous chemical process experience is desirable.
- Able to gather, analyse, interpret and take action on data is very important.
A tenacious and robust individual who must be comfortable and passionate to take the 'ownership and accountability' of the process.
Able to articulate achievements and improvements by pointing to them and demonstrating 'before' and 'after' with data.
Ability to retain a measured approach, working under own initiative, applying logical thinking, often under time pressures.
What's on Offer
£38,000 plus benefits