As our team grows, we are looking to add a Process Engineer to our Industrial Process team based in Stockton – on – Tees. This sector is looking to develop AECOM’s Industrial business in the North East and beyond. We need to employ people who are motivated by challenges and are able to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
Expected background would be as part of an in-house engineering/project/process design team in one or more of the following sectors Chemicals - fine and speciality, Oil & Gas, Water - clean or waste, Petrochemicals, Polymers and composites, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Biofuels and Renewable Energy, Power and Metals.
Candidates shall be expected to:
• Develop solutions under their own initiative,
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate effectively across all levels,
• Generate presentations and present to leadership, project team, and customer audiences as required.
• Prepare, develop and maintain project plans and schedules to meet all project objectives, oversee project performance and client acceptance.
• Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & have knowledge of relevant design tools and related methods e.g. IT, process simulation packages and HAZOP processes.
Minimum Requirements Demonstrable experience gained in 3 to 5 years post-graduation in an applicable sector to include:
• Process equipment design,
• Generation of PFD’s, P&ID’s & Mass / Energy balances,
• Writing of technical and tender specifications,
• Decision making and process troubleshooting,
• Safety review participation – inc HAZOP/HAZID,
• Process safety,
• A working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, processes and procedures,
• Educated to bachelor level or above in Chemical Engineering or similar subject ,
• Chartered or actively working towards chartership with the IChemE,
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.