Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a number of requirements in our Reading Process Engineering Department for Process Engineers to work on a staff basis in our Reading office. We have a number of projects manning up in the near future and we are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. The successful candidates will have responsibility for development of process deliverables across a range of Amec Foster Wheeler's current projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Amec Foster Wheeler continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants with a background and understanding of Refining unit operations should apply.
Duties would include carrying out process engineering design activities, following Company standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Process Lead Engineer / Project Line Manager.
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision making skills
- Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Ensure Amec Foster Wheeler and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to relevant Lead Engineers and Process Managers
- Seek opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
Skills / Qualifications
- A successful early career in Process Engineering, preferably in the Oil & Gas sector especially refining
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- Chemical Engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.