Process Engineer – Water
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have an opportunity for a Process Engineer within our Energy, Waste & Water team working in Snodland in Kent. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Within our teams we have a number of water treatment roles on any or all of the following project stages:
- Asset Planning and scoping of projects
- Concept and feasibility stage design
- Outline engineering design
- Preparation of specifications and Works Information
- Technical support and construction supervision
- Commissioning and handover
We are looking to engage the right calibre of Process Engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary team and help drive interesting and challenging projects to completion. You would be based in Snodland, working as part of the Jacobs and SEW Integrated Team. The initial assignment will last for 12 to 24 months after which there are opportunities to move into other areas of work at SEW or in Jacobs’ office in Croydon. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to become involved in our ground-breaking partnership with South East Water.
As a Process Engineer you will be working on water treatment projects. Responsibilities likely to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Assisting or leading process/civil/electrical/mechanical project teams to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames
- Process lead for the design for small/medium/large projects
- Working with project engineers and other design team members in an integrated approach
- Completing scopes of work within agreed time frames
- Assisting the programme Quality Manager and Project Manager to meet health and safety and overall project quality objectives
- Ensuring project financial performance within the Process Engineering discipline budget on projects
- Develop and maintaining excellent relationships with other discipline leads on projects
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related Process Engineering discipline and be working to attain chartership with IChemE, CIWEM or an internationally recognised industry association.
- Experience of leading a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers including mentoring of junior engineers undertaking their professional qualification.
- Significant experience in the design of water infrastructure
- Significant experience playing a lead role in process design teams on medium or large projects to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames and guidelines
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
- Sound technical background developed within the UK water sector and familiarity with current industry best practice.
- You should also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Experience in construction/installation and commissioning of plant
- Experience in operation of plant
- Experience in treatment plant and pump station instrumentation and control systems
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options
- Experience in site based monitoring, bench scale trials and field analysis in the water sector – site sampling, jar testing and other trial work
- Experience across feasibility, outline and detailed design stages
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.