Hot Stamping Process Engineer
A world renowned Global Automotive Manufacturer is looking to recruit a Hot Stamping Process Engineer in the Cannock Area.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic world renowned company established over 20 years. You will be joining a forward thinking company that has progressed substantially over this time.
As you will be the technical lead for the press hardening process, initially, the role concerns itself with the successful installation and set-up of the line; in conjunction with the various equipment providers and the technical service departments. Thereafter, the role ensures the process is refined and optimised.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve the hot stamping processing systems.
- Provide engineering support for duration of programme.
- Assist with simulation studies for new and current projects.
- Set-up of SPC on nominated elements of the HS process to allow autonomous monitoring and adjustment of process.
- Understand Laser cutting function so as to facilitate overall process output.
- Coordinate process optimisation activities with plant and external stakeholders.
- You will possess strong mechanical competencies, preferably Degree qualified in mechanical & metallurgical engineering.
- You should have an analytical approach, with higher maths and statistical ability, for data driven problem solving.
- The ability to communicate these technical principles to non - technical audiences to enable process autonomy.
- You need to have a measured but practical approach to the resolution of issues.
- Have experience in soft zone product & tooling process controls.
- Have proven experience in the successful setup and optimisation of a hot stamping / press hardening process.
- Experience in technical ownership of a hot stamping process in a mass production environment is desirable.
You will receive a competitive salary plus other included benefits
Initially you will start on days, eventually moving on to a rotating day shift
THE POINT OF CONTACT