Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Chemical Engineer to join a pharmaceutical company based in Stevenage, on a contract basis for 12 months. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company within their design team.
As a Chemical Engineer, the main purpose of your role will be:
- Development of novel methodologies to purify and isolate active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) synthesised through biocatalytic transformations and demonstrate their applicability in manufacturing processes.
- Innovative thinking and proactive attitude will be essential to the development of novel processes and application of these technologies to API manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience in biocatalysis or flow chemistry is welcome but not a prerequisite.
- The role will also involve the development and evaluation of these purification processes with regard to safety, economy, quality, health and environmental impact to ensure reproducibility, reliability and sustainability.You will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc, M.Sc., PhD or equivalent in chemical/process engineering
- Practical experience of working independently within a laboratory
- Knowledge or willingness to obtain knowledge in new technologies (Flow chemistry, Biocatalysis)
- Capable of designing experimental plans and conducting work independently
- Basic understanding of drug discovery and development
- Independent problem solving skills in a fast moving environment
For more information or to apply for this Chemical Engineer position please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG38558 n all correspondence.