6 days left
- Full Time
An opportunity is available for an experienced Process Engineer to assist on various water and wastewater treatment projects.
We are working in partnership with a global consultancy that specialises in delivering project in the water and natural resources sectors. The provide support and engineering throughout the project lifecycle covering all disciplines operating in over 35 countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will report directly to the Lead Process Engineer and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
Be responsible for the production of technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process, these include, but are not limited to:
• Technical schedules and data sheets
• Engineering calculations ( hydraulic calculations, pump calculations, mass balance calculations)
• Particular specifications for engineering sub contracts
• Working closely with the supply chain and performing technical bid analysis of their designs
Support the Process Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge & skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice
Support the regular design and discipline meetings and participate in sharing cross-discipline information, supporting the Benefit by Design and Industrialised Construction initiatives.
Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards & specifications. Ensure the requirements of the Project are adhered to & offer challenge when applicable
Be responsible for maintaining your own quality and consistency of all process engineering technical documents
Work with the relevant Senior Engineer/Peers and/or the Discipline Head to ensure that all technical deliverables are properly checked and approved.
Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the Technical Manager before they become problems or exceed agreed timescales
Maintain close links with other Engineers & the Discipline Head to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps & share best practice. Liaise closely with Technical Managers within the programme area to provide technical guidance and explore opportunities for out-performance from technical innovation.
To provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design.
To ensure that the design delivery is matched to the project programme and every effort is assured to ensure DOT.
Process related documents (P&ID, control philosophy, input to commissioning strategy)
• Water and/or Waste Water treatment processes;
• Full understanding of process engineering conceptual design and optioneering;
• Full understanding of process / chemical engineering detailed design
• Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering and project management
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• Previous experience of Water and/wastewater projects