CNC Process Engineer – Automotive
- Full Time
We are recruiting for an ambitious CNC Process Engineer – Automotive, to join a World-class Automotive parts manufacturer. We have recently enjoyed tremendous, sustained growth - while managing to retain a family feel for our business. We are also offering excellence in training, development and opportunities for career advancement.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
BENEFITS: 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays Contributory Pension scheme Cash back health care scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Peterborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Oakham, Rugby. Wellingborough, Oundle
THE COMPANY - CNC Process Engineer - Automotive
The BENTELER-Group stands for first-class materials, production, and technological expertise in the areas of Automotive, Steel/Tubes and Distribution. Ongoing progress is a characteristic of our 140-year company history. With Group turnover in excess of 7.5 Billion Euros, we also have 20,850 employees worldwide in 20 development and sales offices and 70 factories in 29 countries.
BENTELER Automotive develops and produces ready-to-install modules, components, and parts for body, chassis, and engine. Our customer base contains a portfolio of luxury car manufacturers.
This is an exciting time to consider joining us – we have several brand new vacancies which have become available due to a combination of growth and progression. As part of our growth, we will also be recruiting high-calibre individuals who possess the traits to be developed further.
REQUIREMENTS - CNC Process Engineer - Automotive
* HNC Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
* Time served Apprenticeship
* Experience working in the automotive industry or in a similar manufacturing environment
* Experience in CNC Machining operation
* Experience in maintaining CNC equipment
* Knowledge and experience of Siemens 840D Controllers.
* Sound knowledge of cutting technology
* Experience of SOP, PFMEA and Control Plan generation
* CAD operation, knowledge would be desirable
* Welding and Robot appreciation and experience
* Theory and Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Six-Sigma techniques, commercial capability and Product quality awareness
As a CNC Process Engineer, Automotive you will:
* Support the successful implementation of new projects, engineering and process changes, in agreement with customer, to ensure and improve quality and delivery of products, at lowest cost
* Lead respective projects including cost and milestone control
* Plan the set-up and tear-down of production equipment
* Create performance descriptions for equipment
* Obtain offers for equipment and parts to purchase. OEE targets - providing process related documentation i.e. SOP's
* Maintain and service of the CNC machine both mechanically and electronically
* Collect and analyse process data by coordinating efforts of production and quality for effective problem solving and process optimisation
* Provide floor support to troubleshoot process problems using continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques
* Fault finding and diagnostics
* Preventative maintenance of CNC machines
* Develop, revise and document manufacturing processes to meet cost, quality, scrap, labour and safety goals
* Implement customer product reviews by providing prototypes, tooling and equipment
PROSPECTS - CNC Process Engineer - Automotive
We actively promote from within and are now actively moving forward with succession planning. This will be an excellent chance to join an organisation looking to further develop our staff.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Automotive, Rail, Motorsport