Downstream Process Technician
We are currently looking for a Downstream Process Technician to join an exciting Global Biotechnology company based in the Wrexham area. As the Downstream Process Technician you will be responsible for protein manufacturing in bioreactors and purification techniques within downstream operations including Chromatography, Dialysis and Tangential Flow Filtration.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Process Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Process Technician you are expected to support and develop production activities required to ensure the Production facility and manufacturing processes are operated in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with the manufacturing activity schedule.
2. Optimisation of downstream processes e.g. Tangential flow filtration and AKTA chromatography process development.
3. You will work in compliance with HSE, cGMP regulations and internal QA Systems at all times.
4. Downstream Processing Operations including; column preparation - (cleaning, packing & pre-use equilibration), post use decontamination and column disassembly, precipitation, resuspension and dissolution, centrifugation, dialysis, and toxin purification using column chromatography and fraction pooling.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biological Science along with experience working in a GMP environment.
2. Proven industry experience in upstream or downstream processing ideally within a GMP environment.
Key Words: Downstream | Upstream | Processing | Process Technician | Purification | Chromatography | Filtration | Manufacturing |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.