Graduate Chemical Engineer
Your new company
Hays Engineering are delighted to have been retained by our client, a business in the construction industry with which incorporates a diverse range of sub divisions, including civil engineering, highway maintenance, demolition, quarrying, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, outdoor cleaning services and analytical chemistry. They are a family run organisation with a well respected name, and excellent staff retention rate.
There are three posts available for graduate Chemical Engineers
Your new role
Reporting to the Process chemists, you will perform analysis as required in support of the team during the day to day operation of the Chemical Treatment Facility (CTF). To complete waste chemical treatment of various aqueous based wastes within the CTF. To ensure that schedules are met and that the quality of work meets specified standards as dictated by the Process Chemists and Waste Process Directions.
- Ensure that test materials are sampled and analysed in accordance with agreed methods, and are approved or rejected according to the results of the analysis in conjunction with their supervisor.
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical & processing techniques and equipment.
- Follow Waste Processing Directions as generated by the Process Chemists.
- Adherence to in-process control sampling procedures.
- Ensure that tasks relating to quality standards and procedures are carried out in the specified manner.
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform their supervisor.
- Ensure adequate supplies of materials and consumables are available to support projects.
- Keep their supervisor informed on a regular basis of progress and any circumstances that alter agreed timescales.
- Ensure that equipment remains in calibration and functions as required. Where this is not the case inform the appropriate persons for them to action.
- Assist in the generation of specifications and SOPs relevant to the Chemical Treatment Facility.
- Other duties as may be deemed appropriate by their supervisor and that fall within the general remit of the post.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for a recent graduate with experience in the area of process analytics, or a third level qualified professional with demonstrable experience in the same area. In particular, experience of quality processes would be advantageous, as would be some experience of a laboratory environment in a manufacturing company.
What you'll get in return
In return you'll be offered a comfortable salary with lots of opportunity to learn and progress.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.