About Our Client
Our client is an established globally recognised engineering organisation who continue to grow. As part of the growth strategy and succession planning they have created a position for a Process Engineer.
- Contribute to the achievement of the manufacturing output objectives of Safety, Quality, Cost and OTIF delivery through focused performance improvement and plant improvement projects
- Champion Continuous Improvement in your designated area(s) of responsibility and projects, by taking ownership for your own and team performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement, gather the data, analyse and devise / justify improvement projects which deliver tangible outcomes, savings, improvements
- Improve all aspects of the manufacturing operation through the application of lean principles.
- Improve quality - eliminating all aspects of Waste, reduce non-conformances, re-work, rejects, and concessions mentality
- Reduce downtime and changeovers.
- Eliminate waste (in all its forms).
- Develop standardised processes and procedures to support "right first time", optimise equipment and people productivity.
- Develop, improve and control critical process parameters and optimise processes
- Improve the plant layout, material flow, process re-design, inventory reduction
- Act upon meaningful and focused operational KPI's and also identify/establish new KPI's.
- Contribute effectively within the team, schedule workflow through the department to maximise efficiency, ensuring quality and delivery expectations are exceeded.
- Understand, improve and develop the cost model to provide quotations that maximise profit and competitive position in the market place.
- Develop and justify capital expenditure plans and execute in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage all costs within budget constraints, monitoring and challenging spend.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally a time served Engineering Apprentice.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Materials Engineering highly desirable.
- Varied industrial experience in process improvement / plant engineering positions in batch process and manufacturing industries.
- Continuous improvement, fault finding and NPI specific training and experience.
- Highly self-motivated, performance and results driven.
- High levels of intellect and initiative, a problem solver and solution provider.
- Experienced practitioner of Lean with excellent understanding and demonstrable evidence of the application of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong and determined individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, a team builder, a persuader, a change agent, a winner.
What's on Offer
Above average market rate, excellent benefits package and realistic development and training.