4 days left
- Full Time
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals with operations across the globe.
We currently have a vacancy for an EHS Manager in Cambridgeshire managing a small team and holding responsibility for all areas of EHS across a top tier COMAH regulated site. The role will require a hands-on approach whilst also acting in a strategic capacity as part of the Site Leadership team.
The EHS Manager is accountable for all site related EHS activities. Ensuring best practice across the site and that all operations comply with relevant safety and hygiene legislation, company guidelines, standards and procedures by planning, coordinating, monitoring and implementing such policies and procedures.
Additionally, as the EHS Manager, you will:
- Act as the Site EHS representative with third parties, including neighbouring businesses, local councils, and regulatory bodies including HSE and the Environment Agency.
- Take proactive steps to develop an environment of continuous improvement for EHS whilst working to a ‘Zero Harm’ strategy.
- Hold budgetary responsibility for all areas of EHS.
- Supporting line management in implementing changes through the guidance and training of staff.
- Contributing to process safety studies, particularly HAZOPs hazard studies and process hazard reviews.
- Participating in Facility Siting, Hazardous Area Classification and Fire Safety Management studies.
To be successful in your application from this role you will:-
- Hold NEBOSH certification with a strong track record of EHS Management
- Be IOSH or CMIOSH registered or a degree in an EHS or technical discipline, however extensive industry experience will also be considered.
- Be proficient in Operational and EHS standards and regulations within the chemical, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Have positive influencing and excellent communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead and influence others.
- Be proactive and highly motivated with EHS project management experience.
- An understanding of Process Safety / PSSRs would be desirable.
It is a great time to join our progressive business as we continuously strive to improve their efficiency, effectiveness and deliver our customer promises. The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation.
Interested Health & Safety Managers within the chemical manufacturing arena are urged to apply to Paul Gerrard, Associate Director at EMS International.
Apply for EHS Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly