Our client is part of a globally renowned manufacturing group and operates from a complex manufacturing plant in the North West. In order to ensure that they are able to deliver on their commitments to their blue-chip customers they now seek to recruit an adept Engineering Manager to take on the responsibility of all aspects of maintenance and capital projects on site.
Your responsibilities will include
- Management responsibility for a team of multi-disciplined Maintenance Engineer and Project Engineers in order to provide professional mechanical, control, electrical and instrumentation expertise to the site.
- Development of planned maintenance activities and long term Asset replacement strategy.
- Coordination and management of all engineering expenditure, including project management and delivery of CAPEX programmes.
- Responsible for recruitment, individual performance and career management and learning and development of Engineering staff.
- Establishment and provision of best industrial practice and compliance to legislative and regulatory standards.
Educated to degree level in an engineering related degree and ideally chartered you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of all engineering disciplines with a broad engineering background, with management experience gained within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment.
You will have a proven track record of good budgetary control and managing large capital expenditure projects and experience of managing technical and organisational change in an engineering environment.
There is a huge amount of autonomy in this role with the company keen for its staff to take ownership of their role and to implement and encourage new ideas and processes to ensure continuous improvement throughout.
The suitable individual will be a people person with excellent man-management skills who can drive and motivate a workforce but also someone who has the ability to develop relationships between management and the engineering staff, as well as training and developing those within their own team.
In return, there is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer and a great opportunity to join a world leading, thriving organisation.
Interested Engineering Managers are urged to apply to Paul Gerrard, Associate Director of EMS International (Recruitment Services) Ltd.