Excellent opportunity to work for a global blue chip organisation within a varied and interesting role within their South Wales facility. The Process Technician will report in to a Shift Supervisor and be responsible for undertaking both first line maintenance and repair for breakdowns as well as overseeing the safe operation of the manufacturing process via control room and field based systems. The Production Technician will work as part of a multi-skilled team to ensure that plant performance is fully optimised and will benefit from an exceptional benefits package including final salary pension, Private Medical for yourself and your family, Life Assurance and a Group Share Save Scheme.
The role is based on a shift pattern working 7 on, 2 off incorporating a mix of Days (6am-2pm), Afternoons (2pm-10pm) and Nights (10pm-6am) with a 10 day break every 3 rotations of the pattern.
As the Process Technician your duties will include:
- The Production Technician will have primary responsibility for safe operation of a plant process via a control room panel and field based control systems
- Providing 1st line response to breakdowns inclusive of basic fault finding and first line maintenance and repairs
- Monitoring activity and diagnosing faults
- Carrying out planned and unplanned startups and shut downs of equipment and plant
- Application of site safety / environmental / quality processes
- Issuing of work permits for operations within allocated area
To be a successful Process Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a manufacturing / process driven environment
- The ability to undertake basic fault finding and repair of manufacturing equipment
- The Production Technician will have experience of working as part of a multi-skilled team
In return the Process Technician will receive a salary of £28,500 - £32,500 (including shift allowance - dependent on experience) + final salary pension, private medical, etc
The role will suit candidates who are a Production Technician, Process Operator, Maintenance Assistant, Technical Operator, etc.