Process Engineer - Team Lead / Manufacturing
Location: Heckmondwike, Dewsbury, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Burnley, Halifax, Keighley, Shipley, Pontefract, Skipton, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Gainsborough, Scunthorpe, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Worksop, Barnsley, Lincoln, Matlock, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + competitive package
Our client is the global technology leader of soundproofing and thermal management solutions within the automotive industry. As a partner for the major light vehicle manufacturers around the world they provide innovative and cost effective solutions for noise reduction and thermal management to increase vehicle comfort and value. The client develops and produces components and systems spanning areas such as the engine bay, interior floor, underbody and body-in-white of vehicles. They provide into markets across Europe, North America, South America and Asia with 50 locations throughout 20 countries and an 11,000 worldwide workforce of employees.
- To support the Process & Technical Manager in the daily running of the Process & Technical dept
- Guide, coach, mentor team members to become a fully effective team
- Ensure daily proactive agenda of all Process & Technical personnel is achieved
- Provide the Process & Technical manager with clear daily status of customer and supplied part issues.
- Provide the Process & Technical manager with clear status of any 3rd party inspection and divert activities
- Be the main contact for all customers when Process & Technical Manager is out of plant
- To maintain the systems that Control all Process & Technical dept expenditure
- Ensure support all audit activities
- Take an action for processes not achieving the required target of quality and scrap
- Follow the agreed actions to deliver the quality strategy as set out by the Process & Technical Manager
- Facilitate PPS activities to identify root causes of deficits and manage the achievement of relevant corrective actions
- Manage the collation of data for the day to day activities of all reports
- Become part of the TS 16949 internal audit team and therefore carry out audit as required
- Mentor team members within the dept
- Take an active role in Kaizen events or allocate resource
- Ensures all KPI data is available to Process & Technical in time and in full
- Actively contributes to developing a positive working environment
- Carries out audits (TSM Quality, H&S, APS, Standardised work, documentation) to ensure and check compliance.
- Manages any special actions as required to ensure customer satisfaction (special transport, stock checks etc)
- Supports other department’s special actions as required.
- Ensure that all products meet customer specific requirements and any deficits are identified and actioned
- Support NPI as required
- Manages self and others in ways, which optimise their contribution to business performance, i.e. through training and development, delegation, motivation etc. Leads by example
- Excellent people management skills and experience
- Strong customer focus, continuously looking for ways to improve
- Highly developed communicator gaining support by good problem-solving ability, logical decision-making and influencing skills.
- A pragmatic team player able to contribute to the business beyond the operations function
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques; familiar with the manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Worked within a Process Quality department within a first tier/second tier automotive supplier or an OEM
- ONC, HNC Mechanical engineering