Lead Process Engineer
This is a senior technical role focused on supporting the Liverpool Manufacturing strategy to meet the business goals. The role will be broadly split into two main areas:
Ongoing support of key process improvement initiatives.
Definition and execution of plant modifications and engineering projects to meet strategic business performance targets (e.g. financial, supply chain, write-offs, cGMP & EHS)
- Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assume responsibility for the performance of key plant unit operations with a focus on continuous improvement of: Process safety Regulatory compliance Cost of Goods Operational reliability (process and plant) Process yield Energy efficiency
- Monitor plant performance and scope and deliver improvement projects using Six Sigma tools and Project Management methodologies including:
- Process Design, Design Qualification, Design Review and HAZOP studies Process, equipment & component specification (plant, instrumentation, automation & consumables/disposables) Change control management
- Input into budget development and securing of Opex & Capex funding
- Automation approach including the Sequence of Operations and FDS definition Commissioning, validation and handover (FAT, SAT, FT/Commissioning, IQ, OQ, PQ, CV, CSV)
- Technical training of operational staff and mentoring/coaching for graduate trainees.
- Ensure that customer expectations are met for business KPIs and work priorities including: savings targets on time closure of deviations, CAPAs, change controls, MRFs and regulatory commitments project selection & portfolio management.
- Responsible for managing and supervising consultants/suppliers and contract staff carrying out project work, with particular emphasis on health & safety aspects of site work. Supervisory responsibilities will include use of Permit-to-Work and plant isolation procedures.
- Uphold and contribute to the development of site engineering standards to comply with regulatory and pharmaceutical industry requirements. Ensure that appropriate standards of GMP, housekeeping, safety and discipline are maintained at all times both within the department and operational areas.
- A degree in an engineering discipline is essential, preferably chemical ormechanical engineering.
- As this is a Lead Process engineering role the holder is expected to be Chartered or at the point of application.
- Broad-based engineering experience is required to allow the role holder to operate across a wide r ange of business functions and processes.