Principal Process Engineer
The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified Engineer and will be based on site at a chemical production facility in the Rhine-Palatinate region of Germany supporting the construction phase of a chemical plant expansion.
Candidates will be a Process Engineer (potentially a mechanical engineer with a process bias) who is fluent in German and with the ability to liaise and support construction and operational teams to resolve process engineering issues in relation to the construction activities on site.
You will need an understanding of commissioning and construction issues and constraints of chemical, petrochemical or refinery plants during construction phases and the ability to work out practical solutions that are in line with the requirements of the client during the project delivery.
Seconded into the client team you will be a seasoned Process Engineer fluent in the German language and based on site for the duration of the construction and commissioning works for a 12 month period.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a cooperative team-oriented environment in multi-cultural and possibly multi-national environments..
- Typically involved in multiple, complex projects and ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Knowledge of Client's engineering and project delivery systems and willingness to coach and train team members from our partner organisation and newly hired personnel in Germany.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Client's and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Conversational German language ability.
- The right to work in Europe, i.e. EU citizen.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- >3 years' experience
- Proven track record in chemical, petrochemical or refining projects
- Degree qualified with relevant experience of brownfield project delivery.
- Lead or Senior Level Engineer
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.