Process Engineering Science Leader
INVISTA is working to develop and commercialize cutting edge technology that uses gas fermentation to convert CO2 into chemicals. We believe our approach has the potential to be a game-changer across the chemical industry. Can you provide chemical engineering science knowledge and direction to the R&D team to guide our process development and scale-up to commercial operation?
To be successful in this role, you will probably have a PhD in chemical engineering or a related discipline and have made a significant contribution to the application of fundamental chemical engineering knowledge in an industrial R&D setting. There are more details below but it boils down to this: you are already extremely good technically and want to be challenged to achieve more.
In terms of location, INVISTA’s Biotechnology business is based on Teesside, on the northern edge of the North York Moors National Park. It has good train access to and is more or less equidistant from both London and Edinburgh. Teesside also has easy access to further areas of outstanding natural beauty such as the Yorkshire Dales, the Peak District National Park and the Lake District. The region is a place with many bridges, old abbeys, beautiful moors, castles and picturesque seaside locations. It has many great walks.
North Yorkshire also has diverse places to live. For those who seek village life there are villages like Great Ayton, Great Broughton and Hutton Rudby. Historic market towns such as Stokesley, Guisborough and Yarm and the many new suburbs in the area provide affordable good quality housing with easy access to shopping centres/centers and other amenities. For those who like Victorian seaside towns, Saltburn and Whitby are great places to visit at the weekend.
Process Engineering Science Leader Ref: 29415
Location: Wilton – Teesside/UK
For more information about INVISTA please visit http://www.invista.com/
- Provide chemical engineering science direction and inputs to the process development of INVISTA’s novel biotechnology platforms as we move from lab scale to commercialization, including:
- Gas fermentation technology.
- Separation and purification technology
- Manage technical interactions with key process development industrial and academic collaboration partners
- Strong knowledge in fundamental chemical engineering science with an emphasis on gas/liquid mass transfer, reaction engineering and separation processes such as adsorption, distillation and crystallization.
- Established expert in the application of process flowsheet modelling software such as Aspen® to model and predict the performance of new processes.
- Ability to create and model unit operations at a fundamental engineering science level using software environments such as Matlab®.
- Experience in the scale-up of process engineering unit operations from lab and pilot scale to full commercial operation.
- Demonstrated strong economic thinking, relating in particular to techno-economic analysis.
- Experience working in and with early-stage multidisciplinary R&D teams.
- PhD in fundamental chemical engineering science.
- Experience of the application of chemical engineering science to biological processes.
- Knowledge/Experience of gas/liquid mass transfer in reactors and/or fermenters.
Interested applicants should submit a CV along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations below.
Please use the job title and reference code 29415 in your application.
Closing Date: 30th April 2017
Apply for Process Engineering Science Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly