Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
We are partnering a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry. From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 45 countries, state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Delivery and coordination of technically complex process engineering design within proposals, studies, projects execution & operations, as part of a study and/or project team, in accordance with design & engineering standards & procedures, schedules and budget, with a continuous concern for quality standards, targets and customer satisfaction.
Reporting lines and interactions:
Hierarchically reports to: Design Engineering Manager
Operationally reports to: Design Engineering Manager.
Directly supervises (operationally): Possibly Process Engineer.
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Project Engineer, P&ID’s Designer, Lead P&ID’s, Process Specialist Engineer, Discipline Engineer, possibly client.
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
* Activities dedicated to one specific project.
* Analyses project specifications, tender and proposals requirements.
* Contributes to the development of design parameters and methodologies.
* Prepares technically correct, safe, environmentally friendly, cost & time effective discipline engineering analysis and solutions for approval:
* Design basis
* Process description
* PFD’s and heat & material balance
* MSD and material selection philosophy
* Control scheme
* Process and Utility P&ID’s
* Equipment & instrumentation Datasheet
* Utilities and chemicals consumption summaries
* Simulations and calculations
* Provides support to all project activities, from engineering to start-up, as required.
* Interfaces with other process engineering disciplines and design team(s).
* Assists in development of a process knowledge databases for studies, projects and/or operations (capturing and reporting events & experiences within studies, projects & operations and writing of technical notes).
* May participate in pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
* Reports own activities within studies, projects and/or operations management.
* Guarantees the compliance of process engineering solutions with client requirements, industry standards and Group HSE, engineering processes and best practices.
* Coordinates process activities on tenders and project execution.
* Provides less experienced process engineers with guidance and training and check their deliverables.
Typical background and experience required:
– University chemical engineering degree with minimum of 8 years as process engineer.
– Theoretical knowledge of process design methods & tools.
High level of technical knowledge.
Has to deal with challenging environments and technical requirements.
Still accountable for his/her own production of process solutions but he/she may also coordinate process activities in a restricted area.
Ensures compliance of proposed solutions with standards & client requirements.
Checks the deliverables of less experienced engineers
Senior level of process engineering. Works independently applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline.
From 6- 8 years
Management on project
Up to 3 process engineers