Principal Process Engineer
Our client, an international design consultancy, is looking to recruit a permanent Principal Process Engineer for their office in North West England. Working in a large team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers, you will be responsible for leading on design schemes and the line management of a team of highly motivated engineers.
Working under your own supervision, you will be able to demonstrate strong competence at every stage of the Process Engineering lifecycle - using your technical and academic knowledge to carry all tasks through to successful completion. With responsibility for technical inputs, developing process tools and relationships with internal/external clients, this role will be challenging but rewarding for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive knowledge of the Process Engineering lifecycle, have previous experience within the pharma/fine chemical industries and be able to form relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure project delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing support to the sales and proposal departments
• Optioneering, scoping, feasibility studies and outlining detailed design projects
• Program preparation/man hour estimates/control and monitoring
• HAZOP and LOPAs
- Fluid list and material selections
• Process descriptions, preparation of material balances
• Developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Project cost estimations and bids
• Detailed process design and calculations
- The ability to make and present presentations to clients on process design/concept issues
• Experience within either the pharmaceutical and/or fine chemical industries
• Knowledge of both UK and International Standards
• The ability to complete projects on time, budget and to a high technical standard
• Degree qualified
• Chartered Engineer
- Member of IChemE
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - \"Recruitment International Magazine 2015\" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis. Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don?t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.