Process Engineer- NPI
Your new company
I’m delighted to be working with our longstanding client, manufacturers of components for the aerospace industry, in their search for a Process Engineer- for new product integration. This is a permanent position, and the second of two newly created posts.
Your new role
You’ll report to the manager of the NPI team, and have responsibility for the development of processes with the goal of optimisation of resources, production efficiencies, and overall productivity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of processes for manufacture sub-assemblies and finished goods
- Develop processes in line with lean manufacturing principles / 5S / Six sigma tool’s
- Liaise closely with the NPI engineering team for new products to be deployed in a manufacturing environment, ensuring the most efficient process route and process is selected / deployed
- Analyse and reduce process cycle times and instigate and implement programs to reduce scrap product and waste materials
- Confirm estimated rates as part of the transition of products from NPI to operations
- Provide feedback loop with estimators to assist in development and maintaining of costing synthetics
- Deployment of rates and times to monitor production efficiency for both production operators and equipment utilisation
- Collating and analysis of data and identification of trends
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to complex problems
- Providing an example of best operating practice to all other staff working in the Department.
What you'll need to succeed
Applications are invited from individuals who possess the following:
- 2 years’ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3rd level technical qualification or pursuing such a qualification with strong scientific and mathematical understanding. eg HND
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Must have strong attention to detail with an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Must be a results focused Team Player with excellent communication skills.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ownership and loyalty towards work
- Keen interest in manufacturing process as a whole.
- Desire to excel in role and improve operations through continuous self and team improvement.
- 3rd Level Qualification in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience of utilisation and deployment of Six Sigma tools
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Experience of conducting Work Study programmes
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary, with opportunities for progression including attending paid training courses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.