Process Chemist / Chemical Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious process chemist/engineer to join a well- established manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic products organisation based in the Hampshire area.
The successful candidate will have several years’ experience in management and chemical processing within a cGMP environment.
Duties shall include:
- Provision of technical and operational support for day to day production operations and trouble shooting.
- Monitoring performance on a daily basis.
- Conduct analysis and improve performance of assigned process segment for safety, cost, throughput and expansion.
- Provision of technical support for the technicians.
- Translation of process improvement concepts into workable manufacturing processes.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a process chemist/engineer within pharmaceutical or biotechnology manufacturing industries.
- Ability to manage short and long-term projects.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage data with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exposure to Six Sigma processes
The successful candidate will have a strong awareness of all matters relating to environment, health, safety and quality, thereby ensuring compliance with company good practice and industry regulations.
Skills: cGMP / ISO9001 / ISO14001, commissioning, pilot plant, manufacturing. Process Chemist.
All applicants must be able to drive and eligible to live and work in the UK.