Senior Process Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of general industrial process, especially in utilities, process water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
Our Process Engineering Team is looking to expand, increasing its skill base in the provision of general knowledge of the Industrial Sector.
- Carrying out CAPEX 0 and PE Growth process assessments in future projects of our clients.
- Undertaking desktop studies from feasibility to detailed design, commissioning and start up procedures into de Industrial Sector and for Industrial Clients.
- Supporting Business Development team in preparing proposals and bids.
- Facing client meetings, presenting proposals and bids.
- Preparing flow & load survey plans and analysing & interpreting the resulting data.
- Review of P&ID, Mass&Energy Balances, PFD, Control Philosophy documents.
- Preparation of work packages and review of suppliers’ proposals.
- Assessing buildability of solutions, challenging proposals, considering alternative solutions.
- Participating in design reviews, HAZOPs, HAZCONs and HAZCOMs.
- Attending site based meetings to discuss design/commissioning needs.
- Producing documentation for submission to clients and third parties, including formal submission of calculations and reports.
- Defining critical process constraints and informing the multidisciplinary team of potential issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Significant industrial background (experience from working either for a process contractor, consultant or an operating company) at least 2-3 years.
- Experience in the development of technical solutions from concept selection, through design development, installation and commissioning.
- Excellent skills and experience of assessment of various chemical technologies and different chemical process with a demonstrable track record.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pumping and general chemical calculations.
- Proven record of delivering projects.
- Effective input into business development and drafting of proposals.
- Proven record in successful bids and proposals.
- Flexibility in being able to operate in other technical sectors is encouraged within AMEC. Expertise in other technical sectors such as wastewater and solid waste treatment is seen as beneficial.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- The ability to manage the technical input of treatability appraisal studies.
- The ability to liaise directly with clients’ personnel.
- Experience in Project Management will be valuable.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.