Company Distinction This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc. Position Overview Hexion’s Pipeline Development Program is an opportunity for recent graduates to apply their limitless imagination and drive to build innovative solutions into a comprehensive 2 year rotational program. The program will introduce you to the diverse functions of a dynamic chemical manufacturing business through the completion of 4, 6 month projects in a number of functional areas. As you explore the different aspects of our business, you will receive thorough technical and soft skills training to continue to mold you into the leader that brings Hexion’s future to life. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can demonstrate your ingenuity by solving real world problems, in an environment focused on continuous improvement in safety and sustainability, look no further than Hexion’s Pipeline Development Program.
Chemical Engineers in our program can complete assignments in the following areas:
- Process Technology & Development (PT&D);
- Projects & Engineering;
- Six Sigma;
- Process Controls;
- Process Improvement;
- Environmental Health/Safety;
- Supply Chain.
Job Responsibilities You will handle projects under the guidance of a Mentor, assigned to your designated area of focus. The project assignments are designed to empower you to challenge convention by engineering a creative solution to some of the most difficult programs we face in our business. Through high performance team work and ingenuity, our engineers deliver solutions that continually expand the possible, propelling Hexion into the future of chemical manufacturing. Each assignment will help you gain insight into global business processes, while being immersed in local day to day production, further developing you as an individual and a fundamental member of Hexion’s tomorrow.
- Delivering breakthrough solutions;
- Completing all work in alignment with Six Sigma principles;
- Monitoring and developing improvements to current processes to yield cost savings, quality improvement and/or overall increase efficiency;
- Continuously strive for highest level of performance;
- Doing everything with your personal safety mindset at the forefront of your work;
- Adding value for our customers.
For this traineeship you must be willing to relocate abroad for the period of one assignment.
Post program opportunities include: Process Engineer, Process Technologist, Production Engineer, Plant Engineer, Six Sigma Engineer, Process Improvement Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer, and Project Engineer. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's of Science in Chemical Engineering;
- Must be in good academic standing;
- Have no more than 2 years of working experience in the chemical industry;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.