Chemical Process Engineer - Contract - Birmingham
Chemical Process Engineer is required to join a Global leading, Aerospace, Nuclear and Marine Company on a contract basis that specialises in the delivery of requirement solutions to projects requiring close and detailed support for Engine Electronic Control (EEC) electronic sub-systems.
This Global manufacturer is looking to recruit a Chemical Process Engineer to join their expanding, international engineering team in order to provide support in terms of installations, audits, problem solving, best practice rollout, innovation, maintenance and training on front end chemistry, equipment and processes.
This role is within the Engineering Team that will involve providing support to new and existing staff, ensuring all manufacturing is run as efficiently, effectively and safely as possible.
Chemical Process Engineer key responsibilities include:
- Ensure plant front end processes are maintained with SOP and revise these processes when necessary to ensure no risks to quality
- Continuously review the quality of the process with a view to continuous improvement
- Promote the use of Six Sigma tools within the controls of the Front End
- Coordinate supplier meetings
- Manage engineering processes related to projects from conception to commissioning
- Introduce best practice mechanical and chemical techniques
- Define Method of Manufacture that meets NADCAP requirements
- Product Design for Chemical Plating
- Designing and implementing tooling and fixturing
- Carrying out document updates and defining standards
- Specifying, trialling and purchase of new equipment
- Liaise between Engineering on technical aspects of product design
- Working in a 'Dirty Environment'
To be successful as the Chemical Process Engineer you need the following "Essential Experience / Knowledge"
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry
- Significant industry experience gained on pre-treatment lines with ferrous or non-ferrous alloys including surface technologies, plating, metal working, fluid, coatings - including chemicaland biological
- Maintenance requirements, set up and problem solving
- Training of new and experienced staff
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid experience in the field of manufacturing
Applications for the position of Chemical Process Engineer from other sectors within the manufacturing environment are encouraged to apply
Due to the nature of the client's projects, only candidates who can attain FULL UK Security Clearance and meet with ITAR requirements will be considered for this position