A Process Engineer / Project Engineer is required for a multi-national steel manufacturing company, based in the Rowley Regis area. Position is a 6 month fixed term contract, with opportunity of extension. The role will involve new projects and tooling introduction, to manufacture steel products for the automotive industry. Working hours are 8:30am - 5pm Mon to Fri, salary of £38K per annum.
Full duties and responsibilities include -
- The management and technical analysis of automation projects for the Steel plant
- Technical and economical viability studies.
- Coordinating different task forces (subcontractors, plant maintenance, production department)
- Following-up on the evolution of projects.
- Process optimisation, smooth operation and failure investigations.
- Project management for development, risk and capital projects.
- Continuous improvement of the area, monitoring the key parameters in order to detect deviations and analysing the effects of the changes in the procedures into the final product via SPC (Statistic Process Control)
- Following up daily KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Responsible for FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) of the repetitive problems, analysing root causes and designing actions to avoid those problems.
- Identification, development and execution of optimisation projects
- Identification and project management of improvement projects to ensure on-time completion
- Process Control
- Focusing on cost effectiveness.
- Trouble shooting of process and equipment problems
Suitable applicants MUST hold an NVQ Level 3 in mechanical engineering or plant manufacturing, and have a strong background within the automotive industry. Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, project management and overall cost effectiveness. Any experience within steel manufacturing, laser welding or robot welding would be ideal.
6 month fixed term contract with the opportunity of renewal after 6 months
Salary of £38K per annum
Working hours are 8:30am - 5pm Mon to Fri, half hour lunch per day.
The company are a leading manufacturer of steel products to the automotive industry, and are part of a global group within the steel industry. - See more at: https://asc-connections.com/jobs/west-midlands/process-engineer/4396#sthash.BNytjQLo.dpuf