lead process design engineer / lead chemical engineer
The Engineering Design Team provides engineering design support across the Company and in the wider nuclear industry. They cover all aspects of engineering design such as optioneering studies, concept design, detail design, manufacturing, testing and installation. Their expertise includes the supply of active research and development rigs and analytical equipment, and the modification of existing nuclear process plant.
The role of the Lead Process Design Engineer is to provide engineering and scientific expertise to:-
- The design, build, testing, development, commissioning and on-site installation of active rigs and analytical equipment to support scientific research and development work in the nuclear industry.
- The modifications of existing active and non-active nuclear facilities (e.g. for upgrades, changes in feeds or process requirements).
- The troubleshooting / fault finding of existing nuclear equipment and plant as required.
- Lead paper based concept designs, strategic optioneering and ad-hoc research to client specifications, collating results, analysing data and the generation of technical reports.
- Develop programmes of work and capital/resource requirements to successfully achieve project scope.
- The innovative development of engineered solutions from concept through to installation on active and non-active plants for Company or Customer facilities.
- Liaising with commissioning teams, safety assessors, facilities personnel, project stakeholders and other scientific/engineering disciplines as required to provide fit for purpose engineered solutions.
- Leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams to deliver engineering work packages.
- Approval of design packages for manufacture / construction / installation and commissioning.
- Checking and approval of calculations to support / underpin the design and authoring technical reports and design memos.
- Undertake the checking and approval of engineering work performed by others.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on issues appropriate to their discipline.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
- Work alongside project / programme managers to ensure that work is delivered to meet time, cost, quality and safety requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with supply chain, from scoping requirements and developing procurement specifications through to overseeing contract delivery as necessary.
- Initiation and progression of the procurement process, including liaison with suppliers and manufacturers, through to delivery and inspection.
- Champion improvement projects/initiatives.
- Keep abreast of developments in their own field and applying them to designated work packages.
- Provide coaching to develop the skills and abilities of others for the benefit of the company.
- Requirement to travel is expected, between Company locations and customer and supplier locations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Engineer
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or closely related subject and a high level of experience in mechanical engineering.
- Significant experience in the nuclear sector.
- In depth knowledge of the legislative, regulatory, quality and environmental requirements relating to engineering development projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, such that difficult concepts can be conveyed clearly and concisely to customers, regulators and key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of problem solving and seeking solutions.
- Experience of leading teams through Multi-disciplinary Design reviews and HAZOP reviews
- Previous involvement in the production of Design Justification Reports.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated, high energy contributor.
- Questioning attitude.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
About the Company
Our Client plays a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. They are the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. They pride themselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of their customers.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Lead Process Design Engineer, Chartered Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Lead Chartered Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Senior Electrician, Nuclear Plant Engineer, AutoCAD, Chemical Design Engineer, Lead Chemical Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.