• Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Engineering discipline with a focus on process development and improvement.
• Self-starting – able to go out into the business to build and maintain relationships and create clarity of purpose.
• Prior exposure to a regulated industrial environment – Pharma, Nuclear, Food & Drink or Fine Chemical. This may be via industrial sandwich placement or post graduate work experience.
• Inquisitive and results driven attitude
• Problem solving / Operational Excellence (OE) capability
• Good interpersonal / communication (verbal and written) / presentation skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of GMP and underpinning knowledge of business impacts
• Ability to handle and interpret data supporting decision making processes
• Ability to work to deadlines and key milestones
The New Product Introduction and Process Technology (NPI-PT) team at GSK’s Barnard Castle manufacturing site is critical to ensuring the site’s complex manufacturing processes are controlled and robust for all dose forms (including: tablets, creams and ointments, sterile injectables and liquid inhalations). The NPI-PT function supports: introduction of exciting new products and technologies; maintenance of existing product production processes; continuous improvement through technical mastery and world class process performance.
Due to the unrivalled opportunity for career progression at GSK Barnard Castle, one of our existing Process Engineers has moved to a more senior role and therefore we are looking to appoint a replacement.
As one of our Process Engineers, you will provide process engineering capability, skill and knowledge to assist the NPI-PT function to deliver new equipment, processes and improvement projects across the Barnard Castle site.
Key Deliverables will include:
• Acting as the key interface between NPI-PT Technical and Project teams and site Operations and Project Engineering teams and act as the engineering expert in multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Initiating, managing and delivering product introduction and technical projects from concept and design stages, through to installation, testing and validation.
• Appling process engineering methodologies to help ensure that manufacturing processes and technology are well controlled and robust for all dose forms.
• Focusing efforts to ensuring maximum benefit to the organization. Initiate and support cross-business learning, collaboration and team work.
• To gain, and maintain an understanding of the existing site engineering functions (Operations Engineering, Project Engineering, and Site Services). Use this understanding to integrate any managed projects with these functions.
• Work closely with the NPI Product Family Owners and Technologists to support all stages of product life-cycle management; with particular attention to process design, technical risk assessment, control strategies and validation activities.
• Participate in, and where appropriate lead, the development of manufacturing processes, process systems and equipment specifications.
• Ensure that equipment and project specifications issued by GSK are adequate to convey the required engineering and internal customer requirements.
• Monitor design, development and installation work of process or other equipment; ensuring compliance with GSK requirements / procedures.
• Develop expertise in relevant pharmaceutical technologies (e.g. aseptic processing, clean room design, tableting, HVAC, water purification, effluent treatment, etc.)
• Review and assess suppliers and report on their suitability to execute work for the company.
• Prepare and complete validation protocols and reports.
• Ensure handover of systems into production is without issue and right first time.
You will be joining a lively, enthusiastic and friendly team supporting new product introduction and manufacturing trouble shooting for a variety of small molecule, vaccine and biopharmaceutical products and will have the opportunity to develop your experience and career in a stimulating and forward-looking environment
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary with an annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets.
- Benefit programmes designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support.
- Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements.
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development programme that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviours you need to demonstrate, to achieve success
Interested in joining the team?
Please apply via our online application system before 31 Jan 2017
Help us to know more about you by using the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.