PR and Communications Executive
PR and Communications Executive
Location: Rugby, CV21 3HQ, UK
Salary: circa £25k per annum plus benefits
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
With a membership exceeding 44,000 members in over 120 countries, and offices in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Malaysia; IChemE aims to be the organisation of choice for chemical engineers. We promote competence and a commitment to best practice, advance the discipline for the benefit of society and support the professional development of our members. We are the only organisation licensed to award Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer status.
To assist IChemE in reaching the next level of growth, set out in our new strategic plan ahead of our centenary in 2022, we are recruiting a PR and Communications Executive to join our Communications and Brand Development team. Reporting to the PR and Communications Manager, the successful candidate will help to deliver effective campaigns in support of our Chemical Engineering Matters initiative and the overall business objectives.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in public relations/communications, or a related discipline. Ideally we are looking for someone with at least 12 months experience in a PR or communications role, with proven communications skills and the ability to write clear and compelling copy.
Part of IChemE’s new strategy is focused on digital transformation, so if you are a great communicator with a passion for digital marketing then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building proactive relationships with the chemical engineering community in order to find interesting stories that will build the reputation of the profession
- Day to day running of the IChemE press office – dealing with incoming enquiries, following-up with journalists, responding to requests
- Providing ongoing support to the PR and Communications Manager for event planning, PR campaigns, press releases, and internal comms.
- Producing lively and compelling copy for news releases, email campaigns and other projects
- Designing and delivering social media campaigns
- Helping with driving more traffic to IChemE’s website, social media channels and YouTube channel
- Managing relevant sections of the IChemE website
- Proactively measuring the impact of IChemE’s communication work and preparing period reports for management
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby office however the successful candidate may be required to travel within the UK.
This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week. Starting salary is circa £25k per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits, which include a generous pension scheme and flexitime. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
To apply; please provide a CV and a compelling cover letter explaining the biggest achievement in your career so far. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
The closing date for all applications is Friday 17 February 2017. Previous applicants for this role need not apply.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs