We are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our clients based in Waterlooville who are looking to add to their team within the mould shop. Our client is a moulding facility producing technical mouldings and assemblies to high standards. The candidate would be responsible for continuous improvement of all new and existing products, tooling and processes and maintaining technical leadership & best business practices within the production facility to ensure our customer requirements are met.
THE ROLE: As a process engineer you will need to;
- Supervise, train and lead the production technicians
- Communicate with the development team to ensure vigorous product handover into the production environment.
- Ensure the commercial aims of the business by means of innovation, tool development, polymer selection, production quality improvement, and continuous improvement programs are fully achieved.
- To ensure that all new products handed over from the Engineering Development to production have robust and repeatable process conditions that can be replicated in volume manufacture
Your main duties will include but not limited too;
- Ensure all existing jobs run using best practice to achieve optimum conditions and achieve commercial margins.
- Identify and action technical training needs to maintain technical leadership of the processing area of the business.
- Effective tool change against standard costs
- Identify action and deliver results for continuous improvement opportunities of the production processes to reduce our dependence on labour and improvements in yield.
- Interface with development to ensure smooth hand over of all new tooling into production.
- Support continuous improvement, 6s and KPI as and when actions are assigned
- Identify and report causes of tooling and plant failure, then inform appropriate departments for corrective actions to be implemented via the MAR/TAR process.
- Ensure all processing and ancillary equipment is maintained to the specification of the maintenance program to ensure productivity of the mould shop
- Ensure that all risk assessment of all machinery and equipment is undertaken on a regular basis, with correct personnel against defined procedures.
- To audit and maintain single disc procedure, and ensure others use this procedure efficiently and effectively.
- You will need to be organised and be able to use your own initiative
- You will promote a good team spirit and show pride in the workplace
- Good admin and IT skills are required
- Previous experience is a must.
If you are a good communicator, friendly, hard-working and a team player please contact Sam Edwards at Dynamite Recruitment for further information or to apply.