AWARD WINNING MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION. BLUE CHIP CUSTOMERS. LARGE HEADCOUNT ONSITE. Production / Process Engineer required to join a leading manufacturing company within their sector.
The role involves having a large involvement in the introduction of new products onsite working within the manufacturing setup to assist in the successful and smooth introduction of new equipment into the site.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, healthcare, etc.
The Role: The successful Production / Process Engineer will report in to the Technical Manager onsite and will work closely with the NPI Manager to introduce new products and processes helping to ensure that the these are brought into site as smoothly as possible and with as high a level of quality as can be achieved.
Responsibilities will include:
- Continual involvement within the manufacturing / production unit liaising with other sites within the group and external suppliers
- Defining if technical specifications and the creation of work instructions / Standard Operating Procedures
- The Manufacturing Engineer will assess the process capability of new machines being brought into the site
- Involvement in process improvement activities onsite to ensure the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Completion of project based activities relating to new product introduction as allocated by the Technical Manager./ NPI Manager
The Candidate: Production / Process Engineer
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience of working within an Automotive environment is desirable
- Previous experience of having involvement in New Product Introduction (NPI) / New Product Development (NPD) processes is needed
- The Manufacturing Engineer must hold a relevant engineering qualification
- Experience of writing / developing work instructions / Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is needed
- Must be familiar with having hands on involvement within a production setup
- The Production / Process Engineer must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is needed
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.