Process Engineering Technical Lead
My client, a leading multinational specialising in manufacturing family/personal care products, with 45,000+ employees worldwide and operations in 30+ countries is looking to recruit a Process Engineering Technical Lead on their site in the North West of England.
Key & Responsibilities
- Ensure processes meet legislative safety standards ensuring safe working practices are in place and adhered to.
- Provide vision and leadership in design, development and optimisation of products, processes and procedures to meet long and short term goals and ensure return on investment across site/business unit and region where required.
- Provide Process Engineering and operational perspective. Develop knowledge and skills to be recognised for expertise and functional leadership in application of process engineering principles and / or scientific analysis to achieve business objectives.
- Provide leadership in anticipation, recognition, definition and resolution of problems and opportunities to achieve site strategy
- Lead projects to deliver site strategy, objectives and adherence to CFI and internal control requirements.
- Communicate appropriately and fully with all stakeholders with interest in your work.
- Develop organisation and strategy to deliver high level process capability and performance across the site/ business unit/region where required.
- Coach and build capability with teams and individuals across site / business unit/ region where required.
- Project manage process trials – including planning, funding and evaluation of outcomes
- Identify and introduce new ideas and techniques relative to material flow processes based on best practice and standards of excellence.
- Improve process capability to secure consistent delivery of quality standards and provide leadership to align products, processes, materials, systems and procedures to achieve business objectives.
- Utilise standard process optimisation tools and techniques, including centre lining, standard work, SMED and TPM to drive process improvements.
- Build capability within asset teams for key process functions including pulping, screening, refining, sheet formation, drying, creping and roll build.
- Co-ordinate asset impact to align with production targets and product portfolio and optimise production
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice in conjunction with team.
Essential Knowledge and Capabilities
- Papermaking process knowledge
- Problem solving methodology knowledge
- Process capability understanding
- Process control systems knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant law and regulations
- Knowledge of process optimisation
- Be able to assimilate and understand technical information
Qualifications and Experience
Degree (Chemical Engineering or similar) or equivalent through experience
7+ years as process engineer in paper-making or similar process
CI / Lean tools qualification and / or experience
Project Management experience
BS5750/ISO procedures and quality systems
Environmental policy legislation awareness
Morphological and other chemical properties of fibre
Senior Process Engineer background in Tissue or Papermaking
Black Belt / Six-Sigma