Chemical Process Technician
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
ETP treats aqueous effluent from manufacturing and domestic activates on HMC. It neutralise the effluent and removes solids before discharging to Yorkshire Water. Additionally, samples are taken from the manufacturing plants to QC periodically throughout a shift.
The plant is both manual & partly computer controlled, via a Siemens Process Control System, and run by 5 x grade 6 CPT’s.
Responsibility ensuring effluent is neutralised, sampled, analysed and discharged within consent.
Responsibility for maintenance operations on the plant
Work safely, efficiently & flexibly.
- Treat aqueous effluent from HMC manufacturing and discharge to YW within consented parameters
- To co-ordinate and direct operations and have knowledge of the overall state of the plant. These duties are carried out largely unsupervised, and they are required to decide when the involvement is required at a higher level.
- Performs in-plant quality control sampling, testing & laboratory routines
- Collect process samples from manufacturing plants and take to QC.
- Performs Asset Care duties
- Deliver & receive accurate plant handovers
Critical success factors & key challenges
Validated on all process & ancillary units on plant
- Demonstrate ability & willingness to learn new skills quickly, to plan & organise, & to make decisions
- The nature of the role requires a person who can apply a responsible attitude, even when under pressure & can handle a number of issues concurrently with good levels of prioritisation demonstrated.
- Demonstrate an aptitude in accepting change readily and exhibit a high degree of self starting in seizing opportunities to drive results.
The role is physically demanding & applicants should therefore have a good medical & attendance record & must hold a current driving licence.
The role involves handling domestic sewage and sometimes unpleasant substances.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
HSE Standards & Procedures
Safe systems of work
Experience operating a chemical process plant
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
Must be numerate & literate
Problem solving/analytical thinking skills
Good communication skills
Ability to work in a team
Critical leadership capabilities
Set direction through good prioritisation & use of resources
- Drive results by skilful planning, organizing and monitoring of performance to meet deadlines
- Senses and adapts to the changing environment to achieve excellence in delivery