Lean Process Engineer
About Our Client
This business is a large multi-national with a number of sites in the UK, particularly in the West Midlands area. With awards for innovation, new product development and commitment to staff through well-established training schemes, this is an excellent opportunity for the right Process Lean Engineer candidate.
Reporting directly into a National Process improvement manager, the role will drive Lean and CI activities on site.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement activities across the business
- Engage workforce at all levels to gain commitment and understanding of the business change, primarily within the manufacturing arena.
- Improve the Performance Control System on site which ensures daily control adjacent to a monthly framework that will be used to drive and sustain improvement.
- Establish that lean principles are in place to achieve required standards
- Ability to enforce improvement of yield
- Work in close proximity with the supply chain management to reduce waste
- Reporting directly into senior management
- Drive a problem-solving rather than a problem-identifying approach
- Adhere to safety regulations in line with business management systems
- Expand and improve relationships across departments
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally degree-educated
- Sound understanding of lean and continuous improvement techniques and methodologies (ideally six sigma training)
- Naturally tenacious in approach and hungry to see tangible improvements
- Approachable and engaging manner with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively collect and analyse data
- Quality experience essential
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
£30,000 + £33,000 + benefits